On this page you will find links to more information.
- Bundesverband Intersexuelle Menschen e.V. (Federal Association of Intersex People)
- OII Deutschland
- OII Europe
- Intersex Society of North America (ISNA), since 2008 inactive
- Bodies Like Ours
- Action Plan for Acceptance of Gender and Sexual Diversity (2017) of the Senate of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- The Organisation Intersex International (oii) is committed to protecting the human rights of intersex people worldwide.
- A numbered overview of the publications and information on the subject of intersex from the Federal Government’s Interministerial Working Group (IMAG) can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ). Here you will find a direct link to the latest volume of IMAG.
- Position paper by the German Ethics Council on Intersexuality (2012) and further information on intersex and intersexuality from the German Ethics Council.
- Human Rights and Gender Identity – Commissioner’s Issue Paper
The German Society for Psychology (DGPs) has prepared a position paper in view of the constitutional complaint “Third Option” 2017, which advocates the introduction of an additional positive sex marker in German law.
In 2015, a short-term survey was conducted on structures and services for counselling and support for variations in physical sex characteristics (Schweizer, Lampalzer, Handford, & Briken).
Medical and health care
- Guidelines of the Association of Scientific Medical Societies (AWMF, 2016).
- Statement of the German Medical Association (BÄK, 2015) on the medical treatment of variations in physical sex characteristics.
- Amnesty International – zum Wohle des Kindes? [For the Benefit of the Child?] (2017).
- Intersexualität in NRW: Eine Qualitative Untersuchung der Gesundheitsversorgung von zwischengeschlechtlichen Kindern in Nordrhein-Westfalen (Krämer & Sabisch, 2017) (a survey on intersex children in North Rhine-Westphalia).
- Consensus Statement on Management of Intersex Disorders (Lee, Houk, Ahmed, Hughes, LWPES Consensus Group, & ESPE Consensus Group, 2006).
- Intersex Hypothesen: Geschichtliches und mehr (blog in German, English and French on ambiguously sexed bodies, from antiquity to the present)
- Zwischengeschlecht.org (blog in German and English on issues surrounding intersex and intersexuality, includes links to organisations worldwide)
Literature for further reading
These databases allow you to find the latest, original scientific papers, also including papers on intersex and intersexuality (DSD, diverse sex development):